BACK IN STOCK!!
Introducing the Black Robin Designs Bamboo Socks!
For maximum comfort and protection of sensitive skin, the sandals should be worn with smooth, soft, close fitting socks. Our Black Robin Designs socks have been designed specifically for use with sandals.
A common cause of problems for children wearing foot braces for prolonged periods of time, especially those with sensitive skin is inappropriate socks.
Why Bamboo Socks?:
- Super soft stretchy fabric fitting close to the skin
- Anti-static and kind to allergy prone skin
- Antibacterial properties of bamboo reduce foot smells
- UV protection of bamboo fabric blocks out most UV rays, perfect for children’s sensitive skin
- Moisture wicking bamboo rich material keeps feet dry and cool
- Bamboo is warm yet breathable, making it ideal in all temperatures
- Minimal internal seam
- Silicon dots on sole to hold sock in position
- Extra height, so ideal for wearing with various types of AFO
Environmental Benefits of Bamboo include:
- Fully biodegradable
- Less water needed for Bamboo than other crops
- Fast growing and naturally occuring
- Yields same as cotton using 10% of the land area
The Double Layered bamboo sock is inspired by the type of socks used by long distance runners. The outer and inner sock layers move freely over one another, minimising rubbing forces between the skin and soft tissues. A well made double layered sock massively reduces skin friction, which is the major cause of blisters and sores.
As sores can be common with children in foot braces, wearing socks is vital for continuing their treatment.
Sock Size Chart
|Foot length (mm)